WordPress is a free software engine that you can be installed on a Web server to manage a blog or website. The major benefit of using WordPress is that it enables the website operators to focus on the content. They do not need to learn any kind of programming the code. Wondering how to add new content to a WordPress website? One of the general ways is to add blog posts. If you want to add a permanent page to a WordPress site, use the “Pages” menus instead of “Posts” menu
- Simply type /wp-admin.php after you type in your website name Eg. yoursite.com/wp-admin.php . You will be able to see the screen as mentioned here where you need to enter your username and password. You also have option to reset your password for that simply click on link given below “Lost your password?” then follow the steps.
- Once you are logged in click “Pages” on the left panel. Then, click on “Add new.” You will see a fresh window with the title “Add New Page“
Now you need to add contents as follow:
- Click inside the box at the top of screen and type the title you want to give to the page. The title will be shown both on search engines and on the menu system of the website.
- Click inside the big box located below the title and type the information, which you would like your web page to display.
- You will see the Page Attributes on the right side. You can click the name of another page on your website if you want to display the page under another page. This is an optional step.
- Type a number in the box below “Order” if you want to display the page in a specific position on the menu system. For example: If you want the page to be displayed as third, you can type the number “3”. If you do not type anything in this box, WordPress would display pages in an alphabetical order.
- After you have added the content, you can go to the top and click “Publish.” WordPress will display the page automatically on your website’s menu system and it would be available to the public.
- Optional Information:
- Preview – You can view how your page will look before you publish actual page.
- Visibility – If you have completed the page and ready to publish but you can limit who can view it from this option, You can keep it private or secret or publicly available too.